Fortnite has extended Chapter 2, season 2 into June, and as such, we now have to deal with a mountain of Overtime challenges for bonus XP. They are called “Location Domination” and feature multi-stage challenges that have you racking up kills and damage and farming materials, among other things, in order to earn those bonuses.
Part 1 of the challenges have just gone live. These probably are not going to be things you grind out immediately, but rather complete over the course of the next few weeks before the season ends (if it doesn’t get delayed again).
So, what are the new challenges? Here’s the list, and the milestones you’ll have to hit. Each awards 55,000 XP when completed, and 10,000 and 25,000 XP at the two levels before that.
- Eliminate player or Henchmen at Pleasant Park (0/5/10/100)
- Open Chests locked by an ID Scanner at The Grotto (0/3/5/10)
- Throw Henchmen overboard at The Yacht (0/3/5/10)
- Destroy Gnomes at Camp Cod or Fort Crumpet (0/3/7/15)
- Damage players at The Agency (0/500/1500/10000)
- Collect metal at Hydro 16 or Compact Cars (0/250/750/1500)
- Search ammo boxes at Lazy Lake (0/5/15/30)
- Search chests at Retail Row (0/5/15/30)
- Catch fish at Slurpy Swamp (0/5/25/100)
- Place top 10 after landing at Dirty Docks (0/3/6/10)
Today In: Games
- ‘Fortnite’: Compact Cars And Hydro 16 Location For Overtime Challenges, Where To Collect Metal
- The Xbox Series X Should Release On Time – The Games? Maybe Not
- Here Are All The Free ‘Xbox Games With Gold’ For May 2020
PROMOTEDT-Mobile BRANDVOICE | Paid ProgramRising To The Coronavirus Challenge — How The New T-Mobile Is Working Hard To Help Bridge The Gap Between Students And TeachersJumio BRANDVOICE | Paid ProgramYOU Are The First Line Of Your Own Defense For Fraud PreventionIBM Security BRANDVOICE | Paid ProgramU.S. Oil And Natural Gas Fighting COVID-19
So, most of these are pretty straightforward, but a few you might want a guide or two for. Those would probably be v buck generator destroying gnomes at Camp Cod or Fort Crumpet, as you may not necessarily know where those are off the top of your head, given that they are not named locations on the map, and are landmarks instead. We have a guide for those here if you want some help.
Past that, collecting metal might be easy, but you have to do it at two more non-named locations, Hydro 16 and Compact Cars. We have a guide for where to find those too, if you don’t remember.
What are the hardest challenges here? Maybe placing top 10 after landing at Dirty Docks, given that now a lot more people will be landing there to complete this challenge. Also catching 100 fish at Slurpy Swamp alone seems kind of mind-numbing, particularly if you have to do it while other people are shooting at you.
I am not the biggest fan of rather dull challenges like these, and I frankly wish seasons would just end on time so we can start new, real weeks of challenges. But in this case, I suppose I will cut Epic some slack for the delay due to you know, the global pandemic, and we’ll deal with these kinds of challenges for the next month or so.